Shared June 27, 2012
Available in Google Play.
Simply pick your phone up, to turn the screen on 'Awesome On'. Gently. No shaking or flipping. Use simple gestures near the proximity sensor (or the shortcut icons) to turn the screen off, 2 flings 'Awesome Off', 3 flings 'Ultimate Off' (Ultimate Version Only).
Watch the short video to see how it works. There are other similar apps, but we strongly believe ours is the best in terms of practicality and pure awesomeness.
We wanted to bring you something simple, but very useful and effective. Something you would enjoy using everyday with absolutely no side effects. There are battery saving options to minimise the impact on battery. We have steadily measured around 3% battery consumption for the whole day on our test devices.
We hope it works just as good on your phone.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
Unfortunately in some devices, the accelerometer sensor cannot be used when the screen is OFF. Awesome On will not work on these devices.
Please do not give a low rating if this is unfortunately the case.
Link to list of devices:
Android 4.0.4 and 4.1 Users - There is a well known bug that was introduced in 4.0.4 that causes the screen to turn on again after 'Awesome Off'. We recommend changing your lock screen to 'none' for the time being.
** Features **
- Simply tilt the phone up, to turn the screen on.
- Fling your hand 2 times, near the proximity sensor, to turn the screen off.
- Or simply click 'Screen Off' icon.
- Separate shortcut icons for 'Start/Stop', 'Settings' and 'Screen Off'.
- Awesome On Sensitivity.
- Awesome Off Sensitivity.
- Battery Saving Mode. Tip: Test first disabled.
- Remove notification option. And gracefully handles situations where Android restarts Awesome On Off when notification is removed.
- Disable Awesome Off while running landscape applications.
- While you're on a phone call, Awesome On Off will not be active.
- Aweseom On Bypass Non-Security Lockscreen option.
Ultimate Version Features
- The Ultimate feature. When you're about to hit the road, fling your hand 3 times (or simply click the 'Ultimate Off' shortcut icon) to turn the screen off. Awesome On Off is completely idle until you manually turn the screen on again. You never need to Start/Stop manually with the shortcut icon. You are in total control.
- Ultimate Off audio confirmation.
- Start on boot.
- No Ads. The Free version shows an Ad every 20th time the screen is turned on. You can easily close the Ad, should not be disruptive for daily use even with the free version.
About Battery Saving Mode
- When the screen is off, depending on the Battery level and type of background apps you have running, Android can decide to put the CPU to full sleep. Awesome On will not work when the CPU is in full sleep. When Battery Saving Mode is enabled, Awesome On Off will not interfere and let the CPU go to full sleep as usual. You can disable Battery Saving Mode completely or set a desired interval to keep the CPU partially awake, ensuring Awesome On will always work.
7 iPhone Settings You Need To Turn Off Now
Review Gravity Screen - Turn off your android display screen when put on the table
Huawei Mate XS - Ultimate Foldable Smartphone?
How to make an Arizona penny can alcohol stove
10 Android Hidden Features
Auto Screen OnOff (Smart Cover) Demo
How to unlock a car door (without a key)
Samsung Galaxy S4 Air View & Smart Screen Demonstration
How Do Touchscreens Work?
Things you can make from old, dead laptops
Double Tap 2 Wake On Any Android Device (KnockKnock) ElementalX
How To: Remove Forgotten PASSCODE Unlock For Android Devices | SmartPhones & Tablets! Password
Gravity Screen Off Android Review automatic on or off for your display
How To Double Tap To Sleep/ Wakeup Any Android Device (NO ROOT) | Tech Portal
The Newest Best Android Lock Screen!
Samsung Galaxy S4 IV SMART Screen / Smart SCROLL usefull?