Shared February 16, 2018
Brian Greene moderates this fascinating program exploring the fundamental principles of Quantum Physics. Anyone with an interest in science will enjoy this thought-provoking and highly entertaining show.
PARTICIPANTS: Mark Van Raamsdonk, Gerard ’t Hooft, David Wallace, Birgitta Whaley
MODERATOR: Brian Greene
WATCH THE TRAILER: https://youtu.be/JxhfU_fvlAM
WATCH THE LIVE Q&A WITH MARK VAN RAAMSDONK: https://youtu.be/GvRNV6Gmmzk
Ninety years after the historic double-slit experiment, the quantum revolution shows no sign of slowing. Join a vibrant conversation with renowned leaders in theoretical physics, quantum computation, and philosophical foundations, focused on how quantum physics continues to impact understanding on issues profound and practical, from the edge of black holes and the fibers of spacetime to teleportation and the future of computers.
MORE INFO ABOUT THE PROGRAM AND PARTICIPANTS: https://www.worldsciencefestival.com/...
This program is part of the Big Ideas Series, made possible with support from the John Templeton Foundation.
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for all the latest from WSF
- Visit our Website: http://www.worldsciencefestival.com/
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/worldscience...
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WorldSciFest
- Brian Greene's introduction to Quantum Mechanics 00:09
- Participant Introductions 03:32
- Where do we currently stand with quantum mechanics? 05:30
- Chapter One - Quantum Basics 07:48
- The Double Slit experiment 14:18
- Chapter Two - Measurement and Entanglement 26:53
- Quantum Mechanics today is the best we have 41:27
- Chapter Three - Quantum Mechanics and Black Holes 59:07
- Black holes and Hawking Radiation 01:03:56
- Chapter Four - Quantum Mechanics and Spacetime 01:15:45
- Chapter Five - Applied Quantum 01:23:36
This program was recorded live on 6/2/17 and has been edited and condensed for our YouTube channel. Watch the original full livestream here: https://youtu.be/3qQ8r-_NdZo
A mind-expanding tour of the cosmos with Neil deGrasse Tyson and Robert Krulwich
The Physics of Black Holes - with Chris Impey
Warp Drive and Aliens: Bryan Gaensler Public Lecture
The Future of Colonizing Space- Neil deGrasse Tyson- WGS 2018
What Is Reality? [Official Film]
The Magic of Chemistry - with Andrew Szydlo
What Is Time? | Professor Sean Carroll explains the theories of Presentism and Eternalism
Why Everything You Thought You Knew About Quantum Physics is Different - with Philip Ball
Loose Ends: String Theory and the Quest for the Ultimate Theory
Why Space Itself May Be Quantum in Nature - with Jim Baggott
The Search for Life in Space Documentary - Where is the Centre of the Universe
Resonance: Beings of Frequency (FULL DOCUMENTARY)
Monster BLACK HOLE | Full Documentary
Does the Universe Have an Edge Documentary - Universe Expanding Faster Than We Though
Explore the Universe and Planets - In Search of Alien Planets in the Universe Documentary
Multiverse: One Universe or Many?
Emily Levesque Public Lecture: The Weirdest Stars in the Universe
Response to Globebusters - The Earth Still Isn't Flat
The Growing List of Solutions to the Fermi Paradox with Stephen Webb