Shared August 21, 2018
When looking to Linux from Windows, there are many questions that get raised. In today's video I hope to answer some of your Linux questions about Linux based operating systems.
The full comment as left my Audio Visual Post:
Glad I found this video. I'm using Linux Mint 19 right now via a USB drive. Still haven't decided to install it alongside Windows 10. One reason is, I tried to install Zorin 12.4 Core and it did not recognize my Windows 10 OS stating, "No other operating systems have been detected on this machine." , and gave me an only option to format my drive and install Zorin. I DID NOT by the way! lol. I like the feel of Linux and want to learn as much about it as possible but I do not want to get rid of Windows 10 for gaming purposes and video editing software and uploading to Twitch and maybe YouTube again. SO HERE ARE 6 QUESTIONS I HOPE CAN BE ADDRESSED. ^_^
1. Do I need to partition my C:\ Drive first with the required amount of hard drive space to successfully install Linux. Linux usually states 4.5 GB of hard drive space is needed but I plan on allocating around 20GB seeing as I have 72GB of free space. Any advice on how much space to allocate is appreciated.
2. I am using my Samsung TV with HDMI. What setting do I need to look for to switch between monitors?
3. How come Linux Mint 19 isn't recognizing my two SSD Drives but recognizes my detachable drives? Is it because I haven't installed Linux fully?
4. How effective is WINE at running Windows 10 apps? I have an MSI GT80s gaming laptop and software such as Dragon Gaming Center, Silent Option fan control, MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner are important decision makers when switching bteween OS'es.
5. Will Linux be compatible with Nvidia graphic drivers? I will have to do some research to find out if Nvidia makes compatible graphic drivers for Linux.
6. If WINE works acceptably well with Windows 10 software, will I need to keep starting WINE each time or is there some sort of auto load function? That would be great! THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL ASSISTANCE! ^_^
Programming in Visual Basic .Net How to Connect Access Database to VB.Net
Here's What Happens When an 18 Year Old Buys a Mainframe
6 Things to Know When Switching to Linux from Windows
The mind behind Linux | Linus Torvalds
Windows Privacy Pushed Me To Linux - Tin Foil Hat Time 1
Macs are SLOWER than PCs. Here’s why.
Visual Basic .Net : Search in Access Database - DataGridView BindingSource Filter Part 1/2
Don't Talk to Cops, Part 1
Free software vs open source software
This is what happens when you reply to spam email | James Veitch
Why Should I Switch to Linux
How to Start a Speech
Linux vs. Windows | The Fundamental Differences
Is The F-35 Worth $115 Million?
Switching to Linux After 20 Years on Windows?
How to be anonymous on the web? Tor, Dark net, Whonix, Tails, Linux
5 Things to understand before switching to Linux - For The Record
Linux Mint 19 For Windows Users
Booting Windows from an SD CARD???