Casually Explained: The Carbon Scale

Watch on YouTube

Show annotations

Download is disabled.




Genre: Comedy

Family friendly? Yes

Wilson score: 0.979

Rating: 4.9191 / 5

Engagement: 7.6%

Casually Explained

Subscribe | 2.76M

Shared February 10, 2020

Big thanks to Bill and Melinda for sponsoring this one, make sure to check out their annual letter that's just been released:
Check out the new merch if you'd like


Makes sense Bill Gates approached you being the last user of MS Paint.

1 week ago | [YT] | 13,052


The way he says he's sponsored by bill and melinda sounds like he can't believe it himself

1 week ago | [YT] | 4,370

Tom Buhler

“Paper straws are better” me an intellectual: drinks from the cup

1 week ago (edited) | [YT] | 5,199

Cripter DK

Calls Bill an amateur for not being able to spend all his money.
Bill: Well then have some you @&#%

1 week ago | [YT] | 833


This guy is like Forrest Gump, he’s done so much without even trying. Starcraft pro (top US), best youtuber ever and now sponsored by daddy Bill Gates

1 week ago | [YT] | 203


This dude is deadass sponsored by Bill and Melinda Gates.

1 week ago | [YT] | 10,526


"We need cooling"
Sorry, is this some kind of warm country joke I'm too cold country to understand?

1 week ago (edited) | [YT] | 363


Normal YouTubers: sponsored by skillshare, audiobook, nordvpn
Casually Explained: sponsored by Twitch and bill and Melinda gates

1 week ago | [YT] | 237

Moifaso X

The goal of replacing plastic with paper isn't to reduce CO2 emissions, it's to reduce plastic pollution of the sea, since it harms wild life and releases microplastics that slowly destroy the ecosystem.

1 week ago | [YT] | 171

Fresh Pink Apples

"Honestly. The part I'm looking forward to is being on my death bed, and uh... laughs in general"

1 week ago | [YT] | 172


"UUUH, this video has been sponsored by Bill and Melinda Gates"
He sounds just as confused as we are lmao

1 week ago | [YT] | 9,460

Kevin Bradshaw_exe

So... looks like we should... GO NUCLEAR BABY!

On a serious note, Thorium-based nuclear reactors are quite safe and allow us to re-use nuclear waste!

1 week ago | [YT] | 218

Josh Swenk

“Part that I look forward to is being on my death bed.... in general” lmao

1 week ago | [YT] | 37


The whole issues with straws isn't because they release CO2, it's because they take decades to degrade

1 week ago | [YT] | 136

Warren Lehmkuhle

The solution is simple, find a way for sick gaming PCs eat carbon.

1 week ago | [YT] | 126

Life Progress - a community for introverts

Causually Explained should casually explain how he has connections in such high places

1 week ago | [YT] | 5,516


looking everywhere for a solution when the solution is mass death; the coronavirus did more for the environment than the past decade of "international effort" combined.

1 day ago | [YT] | 2


People in these comments deadass don’t know what per capita means

1 week ago | [YT] | 13


Let's take a look at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the most powerful foundation in the world, with an endowment of over $50 billion, more than 10 times the budget of the World Health Organization. Its agenda includes poverty reduction, immunization, girls' education and women's empowerment. It is to be applauded.

Except that not all this money is distributed directly to good causes. The foundation devotes only 5% of its assets to donations - the legal minimum to qualify for tax exemption. While the remaining 95% is invested. A trust attached to the foundation takes care of investing them: in fossil fuels with Total and BP, in GMOs with Monsanto/Bayer, or in the arms industry. A foundation that feeds the scourges it claims to fight against? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! !

"Yes, but if it works... " But who evaluates these programs? To date, the foundation is accountable only to Bill and Melinda Gates and their wealthy friend Warren Buffet. Their influence, like their fortunes, continues to grow. Bill Gates remains richer than 45 of the 48 countries in sub-Saharan Africa. Everyday he wakes up with a choice like: ending world hunger or not. And everyday he chooses not to.

Oh, by the way. Even if you had worked every day since 1789 for 10,000 euros a day, you still wouldn't be a billionaire. You'd still be 100 times less rich than Bill Gates...

Philantropy is like going to the mall, finding a 5 100$ bills, seeing someone crying because they lost 500$ somewhere in the mall, giving them 2 200$ bills and feeling like you've done something good.

1 week ago | [YT] | 15


Q: So what can the average person do to reduce carbon emissions?
A: Support nuclear power so all your electronic devices emit 0 CO2. Stop burning fossil fuels.

1 week ago | [YT] | 237